Project management and strategy for ecosystems
Bringing diverse stakeholders together in a collaborative context is amazing. But we all know it is also extremely complex. Whether it is for a network of interest, a proposal seeking for public funding, a research and innovation project, an association, an industry platform, a local cluster… Individual and global interests must converge, motivation must be there all the time.
New ecosystem launch
You have an amazing group of stakeholders which want to collaborate. You have defined the value proposition or the umbrella topic, but how to move from there?
We have to go from a good intuition to a solid strategy. Here are some of the things we will be working on:
- Define the target stakeholders and their role
- Shape governance and decision-making
- Set clear goals, means to evaluate them and contingency plans
- Tackle sustainability from the beginning
- Create a structure but leave some grey areas for innovation, collaboration and fun. They are what will make it thrive.
You have a platform in place, but not much is going on. People have lost motivation and there are no new entries. How to move from a list of stakeholders to a flourishing ecosystem?
We have to shake things up and bring back enthusiasm. Here are some of the things we will be working on:
- Audit the current situation (both from outside and through members’ feedback) detect weaknesses and elaborate fixes
- Revamp the value proposition to boost motivation of existing and prospect members
- Fine-tune goals and activities
- Create some grey areas for innovation, collaboration and fun. They are what will strengthen your network.